Creating mutually beneficial relationships
We would like the opportunity to work with national sporting, cultural and charitable organisations to create mutually beneficial relationships.
By working together we can become stronger organisations and create a wider reach in the community.
Below is a list of benefits of working together, including for the partner and for Basketball New Zealand.
Some ideas on how we can work together:
- Fundraising opportunities at Basketball New Zealand games, and events in all parts of the country
- Providing players for promotions and social events
- Providing signed merchandise for charity fundraisers
- Getting the community involved through charity events
- Combining social and basketball events
- Visiting the people who are sick or underprivileged in some way
There are obviously many other ways we can work together, so if you’re interested let us know and we can make it happen.
Benefits for partnering with Basketball New Zealand
- Basketball is a mass cultural phenomenon. It crosses the boundaries of age, culture and socio-demographics
- Basketball has a high credibility among kids and adolescents, as it is among New Zealand’s top four sports played by young people (aged 5–17)
- Basketball has been voted the most interesting sport for New Zealand youth with 46% of females and 49% of males aged 12-17 years being interested in this fast paced, entertaining sport
- Unlike many sports, basketball is accessible to everyone and it’s great to keep up an active and healthy lifestyle
- Basketball enjoys wide ranging demographics with high interest levels from all parts of society
- Basketball New Zealand is spread across all parts of the country with 37 local associations. This provides a great opportunity to reach all local communities
Benefits for Basketball New Zealand
- Working with charities gives Basketball New Zealand and our large community base the opportunity to help change other people’s lives for the better
- By working with you, we are given the opportunity to strengthen our brand in areas otherwise not accessible to us
- Aligning our national teams with charities gives us the chance to show we are socially responsible and can motivate our players to be stronger role models in the community
- It gives us the chance to develop stronger sponsorship opportunities, which all our players and teams can benefit from as all our revenue goes straight back into developing our programmes