Player Transfer Rule
To monitor the movement of players.
A player may represent only one Association or School at BBNZ tournaments.
A player may compete in only one of the U13 or U15 or U17 or U19 age group Tournaments, in any one year; but to avoid doubt, a player may compete in any one or more of the same age limit age-group BBNZ Tournaments in any one calendar year.
Players over the age of 18 years will establish their eligibility to participate in a BBNZ tournament in each calendar year by virtue of their BBNZ registration.
Players under the age of 18 years can apply for a transfer to represent a different Association by the National Championship team entry due date outlined in the current BBNZ Tournaments Calendar and Due Dates.
Applicants must submit the application to BBNZ prior to the closing date outlined on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and returned to the applicant. BBNZ will advise the outcome of the application in writing by the timeframe outlined on the application form.
1. Completed applications submitted to BBNZ by the advised date.
2. Check all sections are completed and correct including payment.
3. Queries to be communicated to the applicant submitting the application.
4. BBNZ Tournaments to provide a written response regarding the outcome of the application within the advised timeframe.
5. Applications received after the closing date is referred to the Chief Executive of BBNZ after step 3.
6. If the outcome of the application is not satisfactory, the applying applicant must resubmit the application accompanied by a written response to the outcome. The application will be referred to the Chief Executive of BBNZ where the application will be assessed and an appealed decision made.
• Incomplete applications will be returned to the requesting applicant and will not be accepted until completed.
• By signing this application, the signatory understands the criteria and regulations relating to this application, is approving the application and is the correct signatory.
• Signatories that withhold signing the application must provide; in writing, a valid reason to BBNZ.
• Applications received after the closing date will be referred to the Chief Executive of BBNZ as a ‘Special Case’.
• An appeal must be submitted to BBNZ within 2 working days of the application outcome notification date. The appeal is referred to the Chief Executive of BBNZ.
• Applications signed off by the Chief Executive of BBNZ cannot be appealed.
The Association Player Transfer criteria has been amended for the 2013 season following the introduction of the proposed changes and new concepts to BBNZ Tournament outlined in the All of Basketball Plan and the Workshops held in 2012.
The criteria will be monitored throughout the year and reviewed in conjunction with Affiliation and Membership.