Brooks No More
Tagged in: NBL
American Kevin Brooks has been stood down as coach from Century City Wellington Saints’ final regular season outing of the Dominion Finance NBL, effectively ending his rocky relationship with the franchise.
Saints management issued a release citing “disappointing results on the court this season and, in particular, the latest two heavy loses to Harbour Heat and Manawatu Jets” as the reason for Brooks’ removal for the home encounter against Blue Chip Nelson Giants on Thursday.
“The Saints organisation feel we owe our sponsors and our loyal supporters this change to try and bring some fresh ideas and new motivation to the team to finish the season on a higher note as possible.”
Brooks contract with the 9-8 Saints officially expires after the game and he will return to Australia as assistant coach of the Wollongong Hawks in the Philips Championship. He will not seek reappointment as Saints coach next season.
NZ Junior Tall Blacks coach Kenny McFadden will be promoted from his assistant’s role and former international Frank Mulvihill has been called in to help his former Saints team-mate prepare the team against Nelson.
“Both Kenny and Frank have long and proud associations with the organisation. It is hoped the influence of these past championship winners will provide current players with the motivation and desire to finish 2007 on a high note for their loyal sponsors and supporters.”
- Hutt Valley Take Out National Basketball Championships
- Hutt Valley NBC Champions
- National Basketball Champs Day 3
- National Basketball Champs Day 2
- National girls’ coaches named
- National Basketball Champs Day 1
- NBC launched this week!
- Expressions of interest for New Zealand 3X3 national team staff (Head Coach and Assistant Coach)
- Basketball Mid Canterbury Farewell Joyce Bush
- Basketball New Zealand Kaumatua & life member Hori Thompson passes away