Brooks No More
Tagged in: NBL
American Kevin Brooks has been stood down as coach from Century City Wellington Saints’ final regular season outing of the Dominion Finance NBL, effectively ending his rocky relationship with the franchise.
Saints management issued a release citing “disappointing results on the court this season and, in particular, the latest two heavy loses to Harbour Heat and Manawatu Jets” as the reason for Brooks’ removal for the home encounter against Blue Chip Nelson Giants on Thursday.
“The Saints organisation feel we owe our sponsors and our loyal supporters this change to try and bring some fresh ideas and new motivation to the team to finish the season on a higher note as possible.”
Brooks contract with the 9-8 Saints officially expires after the game and he will return to Australia as assistant coach of the Wollongong Hawks in the Philips Championship. He will not seek reappointment as Saints coach next season.
NZ Junior Tall Blacks coach Kenny McFadden will be promoted from his assistant’s role and former international Frank Mulvihill has been called in to help his former Saints team-mate prepare the team against Nelson.
“Both Kenny and Frank have long and proud associations with the organisation. It is hoped the influence of these past championship winners will provide current players with the motivation and desire to finish 2007 on a high note for their loyal sponsors and supporters.”
- Basketball New Zealand Referee Recruitment and Development Officer (Auckland)
- National Maori Basketball Tournament
- Canterbury Country Girls and Waitakere West Boys the 2014 U13 National Champions
- U13 National Champs Day 4
- U13 National Champs day 3
- U13 National Champs Day 2
- U13 National Champs Day 1
- Big Sam help Otago Boys claim ‘AA’ Boys Secondary Schools National Championship
- New Plymouth Girls win ‘AA’ Secondary Schools National Championship
- St Peters Cambridge girls and Rangitoto boys take out 3rd place