Oreo NZ U19 Championship Coaching Clinic
Tagged in: Coaching
Sunday, June 3
North Shore Events Centre
Building Team Defence – John Dorge, Harbour Heat Head Coach
Dorgeís Harbour squad have been one of the stories of the 2007 Dominion Finance NBL season.
Flying out of the gate with a seven game winning streak, the young and hungry Heat squad have responded to Dorgeís tutelage and, a month out from the end of the season, are firmly in the play-off picture.
In this clinic Dorge will demonstrate the full court and half court man-to-man defence that has been essential to the Heatís success this season.
Teaching Players To Score From On-Ball Screens – Ollie Dudfield, BBNZ Coaching & Development Manager
The on-ball screen has become an essential part of todayís basketball landscape and high level players need the ability to score from on-ball screens as well as an understanding of how to defend the action.
This section of the clinic not only outlines the tactical understanding and individual skills players require to successfully execute on-ball screens but also challenges the most effective way to teach these aspects of on-ball screening.
NZ U19 Championship Coaching Clinic (pdf 331KB)
- National Maori Basketball Tournament
- Canterbury Country Girls and Waitakere West Boys the 2014 U13 National Champions
- U13 National Champs Day 4
- U13 National Champs day 3
- U13 National Champs Day 2
- U13 National Champs Day 1
- Big Sam help Otago Boys claim ‘AA’ Boys Secondary Schools National Championship
- New Plymouth Girls win ‘AA’ Secondary Schools National Championship
- St Peters Cambridge girls and Rangitoto boys take out 3rd place
- New Plymouth Girls & Otago Boys the ‘AA’ Secondary School Champs