Oreo NZ U19 Championship Coaching Clinic
Tagged in: Coaching
Sunday, June 3
North Shore Events Centre
Building Team Defence – John Dorge, Harbour Heat Head Coach
Dorgeís Harbour squad have been one of the stories of the 2007 Dominion Finance NBL season.
Flying out of the gate with a seven game winning streak, the young and hungry Heat squad have responded to Dorgeís tutelage and, a month out from the end of the season, are firmly in the play-off picture.
In this clinic Dorge will demonstrate the full court and half court man-to-man defence that has been essential to the Heatís success this season.
Teaching Players To Score From On-Ball Screens – Ollie Dudfield, BBNZ Coaching & Development Manager
The on-ball screen has become an essential part of todayís basketball landscape and high level players need the ability to score from on-ball screens as well as an understanding of how to defend the action.
This section of the clinic not only outlines the tactical understanding and individual skills players require to successfully execute on-ball screens but also challenges the most effective way to teach these aspects of on-ball screening.
NZ U19 Championship Coaching Clinic (pdf 331KB)
- Reappointed 3X3 coach looks for future stars on Burger King Tour
- National U16 Teams Named
- BBNZ spends TAB $ wisely
- NZ Development Tour – U14 Koru Boys Win Cup
- NZ Development Tour – Day 5 Results
- NZ Development Tour – Day 4 Results
- NZ Development Tour – Day 2 & 3 Results
- Cameron Returns to Saints
- Expressions of interest called for New Zealand Teams
- NZ Development Tour – Day 1 Results