POW #2 for Devendorf
Tagged in: NBL
Waikato Pistons star player Eric Devendorf wins his second player of the week in the 97-64 win against the OceanaGold Nuggets
29 points (12/14 FG 86%, 2/3 3pt, 3/3 FT), 7 Assists, 3 steals in 36 minutes.
Devendorf won the honor in the opening round with 49 points against the Fico Finance Giants.
In the 29 point performance against the Nuggets Devendorf shot an incredible 86% from the field also adding seven assists to his tally. Devendorf continues to lead the league in scoring at 31 per game and is second in field goal percentage (69%), 3pt FG (71%) and assists (5.3).
Other Pistons that continue to perform are Thomas Abercrombie and Alex Pledger with 23 points, 11 rebounds and 16 points, 16 rebounds respectively. Abercrombie is currently first in blocks per game (2.3) and Pledger is first in rebounds (15.8)
Harbour Heat guard Corey Webster again had another strong performance in Round Four with 28 points and 6 steals. Webster is currently third in the overall rankings behind his team mate Rick Rickert who is second. Rickert had another double double of 21 points and 10 rebounds.
Another kiwi guard that played well last week was 2008 rookie of the year Tyrone Davey who had his best game in a Mountain Airs uniform tallying 14 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals in the Airs 95-82 win over the Nuggets. Davey’s team mate Jack Leasure enters into the top ten overall rankings after scoring 27 in the same game.
Saints welcomed back Lindsay Tait who made an instant impact for his team scoring 20 points and 8 assists in the 44 point romp over the Zerofees Southland Sharks. In that same game 6th man of the year in the Australian League Erron Maxey had his best game in a Saints uniform with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
(314 kb pdf)
(144 KB pdf)
(444 KB pdf)
(112 KB pdf)
- Basketball New Zealand Kaumatua & life member Hori Thompson passes away
- Basketball New Zealand Referee Recruitment and Development Officer (Auckland)
- National Maori Basketball Tournament
- Canterbury Country Girls and Waitakere West Boys the 2014 U13 National Champions
- U13 National Champs Day 4
- U13 National Champs day 3
- U13 National Champs Day 2
- U13 National Champs Day 1
- Big Sam help Otago Boys claim ‘AA’ Boys Secondary Schools National Championship
- New Plymouth Girls win ‘AA’ Secondary Schools National Championship