Sharks re-sign Braswell
Brendan Egan – Southland Times
Paul Henare has made his first moves as Southland Sharks‘ coach, re-signing American point guard Kevin Braswell and snapping up Hawke’s Bay Hawks power forward Morgan Natanahira.
Braswell (33) will return for his third season in the Sharks’ colours, after appearing in 22 games during the 2011 and 2012 campaigns. He is playing for the Melbourne Tigers in the Australian National Basketball League (ANBL) and will join up with the Sharks once his playing commitments there are over.
Natanahira (21) has played for the Hawks for the past two seasons and follows his former coach, Henare, down south.
The 1.98m Natanahira represented the Junior Tall Blacks for three years and is a development player with the New Zealand Breakers.
He is recovering from anterior cruciate ligament surgery and is expected to be back on the court by January.
- Beck continues to shine
- Basketball New Zealand Board Director Vacancies
- Jets confirm Trueman
- Flynn named Hawks Coach
- Rams Announce 2015 Squad
- Secondary School 3X3 National Slam
- Author predicts a big future for NZ basketball
- Basketball New Zealand Life Member Graeme Davey passes away
- Reappointed 3X3 coach looks for future stars on Burger King Tour
- National U16 Teams Named