Sharks re-sign Braswell
Brendan Egan – Southland Times
Paul Henare has made his first moves as Southland Sharks‘ coach, re-signing American point guard Kevin Braswell and snapping up Hawke’s Bay Hawks power forward Morgan Natanahira.
Braswell (33) will return for his third season in the Sharks’ colours, after appearing in 22 games during the 2011 and 2012 campaigns. He is playing for the Melbourne Tigers in the Australian National Basketball League (ANBL) and will join up with the Sharks once his playing commitments there are over.
Natanahira (21) has played for the Hawks for the past two seasons and follows his former coach, Henare, down south.
The 1.98m Natanahira represented the Junior Tall Blacks for three years and is a development player with the New Zealand Breakers.
He is recovering from anterior cruciate ligament surgery and is expected to be back on the court by January.
- National U16 Teams Named
- BBNZ spends TAB $ wisely
- NZ Development Tour – U14 Koru Boys Win Cup
- NZ Development Tour – Day 5 Results
- NZ Development Tour – Day 4 Results
- NZ Development Tour – Day 2 & 3 Results
- Cameron Returns to Saints
- Expressions of interest called for New Zealand Teams
- NZ Development Tour – Day 1 Results
- Burger King 3X3 in Tauranga