Tall Blacks Win Again
Tagged in: Tall Blacks
The Tall Blacks continued their winning ways in China, defeating Guangdong Southern Tigers 97-75 overnight NZT, making it three from three in the Four Nation Tournament.
The game followed a similar pattern to the win over Cameroon, with the Tall Blacks trailing by three at the end of the first quarter before taking control with a 21-10 second quarter performance.
From that point New Zealand was always in control of the game, extending the lead throughout to win in the end going away.
Nenad Vucinic rested captain Mika Vukona and Tom Abercrombie and again everyone that suited up shared the minutes, Kirk Penney playing 24 minutes and Everard Bartlett, Corey Webster and Isaac Fotu all playing 20 minutes as the effort was spread.
Best for the New Zealanders on offence were Corey Webster 19 (8 of 11), Rob Loe 16 (7 of 9) and Kirk Penney 16 with 5 assists. Defensively the effort was shared as the Tall Blacks dominated the boards (35-21) with Fotu the best with 7. The team stats made for impressive reading for Nenad Vucinic’s team as they continue to gel ahead of the World Cup in Spain with 25 assists, 4 steals and 14 turnovers.
Tall Blacks 97
C Webster 19, Penney 16, Loe 16
Guangdong Southern Tigers 75
Wang 27, Dong 11
- Basketball New Zealand Referee Recruitment and Development Officer (Auckland)
- National Maori Basketball Tournament
- Canterbury Country Girls and Waitakere West Boys the 2014 U13 National Champions
- U13 National Champs Day 4
- U13 National Champs day 3
- U13 National Champs Day 2
- U13 National Champs Day 1
- Big Sam help Otago Boys claim ‘AA’ Boys Secondary Schools National Championship
- New Plymouth Girls win ‘AA’ Secondary Schools National Championship
- St Peters Cambridge girls and Rangitoto boys take out 3rd place